I'm quite sad to report that a house nearby here in Balch Springs was destroyed by fire this morning.  More photos can be seen over on my Flickr account.  May God bless the family who lived here.  It looks at the moment like everything was lost. 

DSC_0529

Balch Springs Tgiving Fire 2009 176




  1. Carrie H.

    My husband and I used to own and live in this home. It’s very sad to see what has happened. As the number of fires in this area will show the homes are dangerous and need rewiring ASAP. Like a lot of newlyweds, we moved in and thought we could make this home into our “dream home”. Housing priced depreciated in the area more than others at the time and we ultimately went Bankrupt fixing this home and all its problems!! When we moved our 3 year old daughter’s stuff out of her nursery we TRIED to take the safety covers parents put over electrical outlets with us, but they had MELTED into the wall. It was a very clear indication that the wiring was NOT SAFE. I worry about my former neighbors who continue to live in these homes despite the danger of unsafe electrical wiring. I did not sell this home to the folks who lost everything but I feel very sorry for them and the people who live next door whose home was damaged due to the fire. It looks like there will be another vacant lot on both sides of the home that got damaged, that says a lot! If you can’t rewire, practice evacuation, get LOTS and LOTS of Smoke Detectors and have a PLAN. Most importantly have insurance to cover any losses that may occur. My prayers remain with those who have lost and those who are stuck in the neighborhood with an unsafe home.


  • Pages

  • Subscribe to Blog via Email

    Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Categories


Rss Feed Tweeter button Facebook button Technorati button Reddit button Linkedin button Webonews button Delicious button Digg button Flickr button Stumbleupon button Newsvine button Youtube button