We were having a conversation yesterday about being inspired to get back into our respective exercising programs and take better care of ourselves. She’s met a good many of the same people who I’ve gotten to know as well through my work with EA SPORTS Active.
It’s still close to New Year‘s Day so I’m sure there are a good many of you out there who are still trying to keep your 11-12-day-old resolutions. Instead of sitting on the sofa today and drinking coffee or having that extra cheeseburger at lunch (yum), how about getting to the gym, going for a walk, or getting out your virtual exercise gear and working out?! Trust me, you’ll feel a lot better for having done so. I know I will.
But as important in the conversation was a discussion about choosing the things in life that make one the happiest and pursuing them with full vigor because when you’re doing that, you can never imagine where you’ll wind up.
And so today’s quote is this: “If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn’t have opened for anyone else.” – Joseph Campbell
What’s your story of following your bliss? Mine is still a work in progress, but if you check out the rest of DaddyClaxton.com and my business site ClaxtonCreative.com, you’ll begin to see what really makes me happy the most in my work. (BTW, click the RSS feed for both sites while you’re here). And it’s incredible, too, how sharing my own stories about my fight with weight loss has served to inspire others and help me make friends with people I may never meet, but who have had a tremendous impact on me nonetheless.
Are you following your bliss? What doors have opened for you because of it?
- Joseph Campbell quotes: Day 14 (gointothestory.com)
- Klout Scores! How They Influenced Their Way to $8.5 Million in Funding (soshable.com)
- The Choices We Make (weblogg-ed.com)
- Creating Happiness, Freedom, Butterflies and Splashing Colors in 2011 (positiveprovocations.com)
- New Year Bliss (shinke.wordpress.com)
- Lloyd Glauberman, Ph.D.: Emotional Eating: Six Types Of ‘Problem Eating’ To Watch For (huffingtonpost.com)
- There is No No-Suffer Zone (psychologytoday.com)
- Alicia Keys Opens Up About “Bliss” of Becoming a Mom (omg.yahoo.com)