I was only out for a few minutes, the wind chill is about ZERO degrees, so I didn’t venture too far.
As you can see, the snow/ice/freezing rain mix fell and now has frozen to just a sheet. Where cars sloshed threw, their tracks are now encased until it warms up. Which is supposed to be Noon on Friday. It’s Tuesday.
Seriously, I weigh more than I should and more than I want to. This is all of the shoeprint I could leave in the snow/ice mix.
Something else that won’t be needed for a little while. The air conditioning compressor unit outside.
This morning DFW Airport has been closed for what was said to be the first time ever. Love Field had issues, and even Dart rail in Dallas stopped running and they were converting to buses. And nearly every one of the 38 school districts in the Dallas Fort Worth area was closed, too.
Meanwhile in Arlington, Media Day goes on for the Super Bowl.
- DFW Airport closes due to ice storm (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- DFW Airport closes due to ice storm (boston.com)
- Fans of The Big Game Trek to North Texas for Hoffbrau Steaks (prweb.com)
- DFW International Airport Connects Down Under with New Qantas Airways Service to Sydney and Brisbane, Australia (prnewswire.com)
- Winter Storm Warning in DFW (smudailymustang.com)
- DFW International Airport Applauds DOT Approval of Anti-Trust Immunity for oneworld Alliance (prnewswire.com)
- DFW Boomerang (cogdogblog.com)
- Rick’s Cabaret about to make DFW layovers more fun (gadling.com)
- Willie Nelson & Family concert tonight – ‘Stand up for Cancer’ with Virgin Airlines’ DFW l (stillisstillmoving.com)
- Snow, then ice threaten next 2 morning commutes (philly.com)
- Packers arrive in Texas, put Twitter trouble aside (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Exclusive video: inside Virgin America’s DFW launch (gadling.com)