UPDATE: Whew, impressive. MSNBC is so on this: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=629515>1=28103 Posted it tonight, 2/15/11, almost 20 hours after I did.
Part of the extra fun of watching Two And A Half Men for me for years was being ready to stop and read Chuck Lorre‘s ending note placards. They’re usually laced with information about how the CBS censors wouldn’t let there be jokes about one thing, but allowed something even more outlandish into an episode and how they can suck it.
Well, tonight was a little different.
Here’s the message:
I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I’ve had chest x-rays, cardio stress tests EKGs and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I don’t do drugs. I don’t have crazy, reckless sex with strangers.
If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I’m gonna be really pissed.
The last news I heard was that tonight’s show was the last one they had in the can. You’ve already seen CBS doing screwy things with the line up. Let’s face it. Monday night is the funniest one on TV.
But I think, even though Lorre may be trying to be funny here, that his lining has worn a little thin. Some don’t realize how their life effects another, but this latest deal with Charlie is costing a lot of people a lot.
Charlie Sheen clearly has spiraled out of control. He’s the current male version of Lindsay Lohan.
And Chuck, for now, unless Charlie is somehow related to Keith Richards or cockroaches, I think the odds are in your favor.
- Two and a Half Men Boss Chuck Lorre Reacts to the Charlie Sheen Crisis (eonline.com)
- Final Four Episodes Of Two and A Half Men Cut! (perezhilton.com)
- ‘Two and a Half Men’ Crew Furious – Episodes Cut (tmz.com)
- Charlie Sheen’s Best Friend Weighs In on Drama (eonline.com)
- Charlie Sheen’s Ravaged Face Shown in New Photos, Video (foxnews.com)
- Sit-Com Writing: Chuck Lorre (gointothestory.com)
- Charlie Sheen Enters Rehab (omg.yahoo.com)
- Charlie Sheen Enters Rehab Center (foxnews.com)
- Cheers & Jeers: Two and a Half Men ? The Sheen is Off (seattlepi.com)