UPDATE: The assholes at Townhall Spotlight are still sending me their bullshit.
I don’t know why I receive emails from Townhall Spotlight, but I’m damned tired of it. In fact, I’ve gone through their UNSUBSCRIBE procedure at the bottom of their emails TWICE in the past two months and even this morning, I got another one.
On Jan. 24, I got another one from them.
That one included a pump and dump stock message. (seen below)
Their Website says I can call them at 703-247-6046 or write to them at :
1901 N. Moore Street, Suite 205
Arlington, Virginia 22209
I shouldn’t have to do this. I shouldn’t have to write a blog post about how I’ve filed a complaint about them to the FTC either, but I’m going to. Once I send the unsubscribe, I should immediately be removed from their database. But in two months, that’s not happened.
- FTC Cracks Down On Mortgage Spammer (webpronews.com)
- FTC Asks Court to Shut Down Text Messaging Spammer (ftc.gov)
- FTC to look into in-app purchase process for virtual goods (macworld.com)
- Advertisers Urge FTC To Stick With Self-Regulatory Model (techdailydose.nationaljournal.com)
- Townhall.com – The Online Ads Graveyard (pardonmyfrench.typepad.com)
- FTC To Examine Apple’s In-App Purchases… For Being Too Easy (techcrunch.com)