Wow! For a young company starting out or an independent designer, web builder, etc. it’s been hard the past few years to even think about owning the Adobe Creative Suite‘s tools like inDesign or Illustrator or After Effects unless I had an extra $2,000 sitting around. And like most people in this wonderful economy, I did not.
But that all changed recently and the change became a reality this morning when Adobe launched its Creative –making more than 15 Creative Suite Apps available via its cloud services. For those of us who already owned a product–I had Photoshop CS4–a version more than two years old–I’m able to subscribe to the service for $29.99 a month. If you don’t own anything prior it’s $49.99 a month and if you still have a chunk of change your want to drop all at once, you can pay a full-year’s price for even less than you would for the $50-a-month rate.
Today is like Christmas morning should have been all the previous 46 years of my life.
Already I’ve downloaded the entire suite that I only have dreamed about having access to since I first switched from the Dark Side over to the world of creativity, free of Blue-Screens-of-Death and the bliss of a Mac on Oct. 11, 2007.
It’s all there! Photoshop CS6 EXTENDED, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Prelude, Fireworks, Flash, Audition, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Encore, Muse, Story, Flash Builder, Media Encoder, SpeedGrade–there are clearly some new tools that I’ve not had the chance to work with yet, but with the work I’m up to with Claxton Creative and The Wonders Expedition, it’s not going to take long to get into the meat of all of them.
There’s a storage place in the Creative Cloud for up to 2 GB of space, and supposedly one can buy more. We’ll see if that’s necessary; I presently have more than 100 GBs of space I’m using over on Dropbox. It will be curious to see how those all play together, but I don’t expect there to be any issues.
So, on this inaugural day, if you’ve not tried out or checked out this latest offering from Adobe, I highly recommend it.
Okay, time to get back to work. Lots of things to churn out this weekend.
- Adobe Creative Cloud now available for $49.99 per month, includes access to Creative Suite 6 and Adobe Muse (theverge.com)
- Adobe launches Creative Cloud subscription service (news.cnet.com)
- Adobe Creative Cloud launches today: $49.99 per month (slashgear.com)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Available Today, Creative Cloud Coming May 11 (cultofmac.com)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Now Available (sys-con.com)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Out, Creative Cloud Due May 11th (itproportal.com)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Available Today, Creative Cloud Arrives Friday (one37.net)
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite 6 now available (tuaw.com)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Now Available (technocraz.com)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Now Available, Creative Cloud to Follow on May 11 (macrumors.com)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) Now Available (pcmag.com)
- Adobe releases Creative Suite 6 (betanews.com)