I am proud to announce that on , my @Archeoastronomy project, The Wonders Expedition, has launched a project to raise $57,766 in the next 34 days to help fund an exciting expedition to Machu Picchu in Peru so that we can gather HD video and hi-resolution photographs and anecdotal stories and create one of the best Interactive Books for the iPad yet to be made. And we are launching this campaign in the footsteps of American Archeologist Hiram Bingham, who in 1912 was doing the exact same thing so that he could go to what’s now regarded as one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World” and bring back the story that has intrigued millions around the world for the past 100 years.
WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS CAMPAIGN
For the past eight months, I have worked to assemble a great team of photographers, writers, editors, graphic artists, marketers and organizers to create The Wonders Expedition. We’ve gone through a few “pivots” along the way, but we have come down solid on embracing the technology for creating Interactive Books for the iPad. We will also be putting our products on other mobile devices, but since there is a market of 52 million iPads already sold, we think we’re in a sweet spot.
As you will see on the Kickstarter.com page, we have developed a series of fun and interactive rewards for your support of our endeavor. Kickstarter.com is an all or nothing deal so we also are encouraging you to tell your friends and loved ones, even members of your family (That’s a joke from one of my counseling clients) and encourage them to be a part of this historic project as well.
A Big Deal
This is the single most important and biggest project I’ve ever worked on in my entire life and hopefully will have lasting implications far after the day comes when I’m gone. As you know, the past couple of years have been a rocky time personally and yet I have persevered, kept my eyes focused as former Gov. Guy Hunt of Alabama would say on “Yonder pine tree” (You can’t plow a straight line if you’re looking at the ground or the row you just plowed–you have to keep an eye on the horizon to plow straight) and finally, I think the seeds of progress have been properly planted in my field of life.
Thank you to each of you who will consider contributing to our effort. We cannot do this without you and the rewards for it will far out weigh the benefits to any one person. With these interactive books we’re in the process of writing–this is just one of two we already have under way–we are going to help bring parts of the world to those who may never have the chance to visit them in person.
Here’s how to contribute and be a part of our program: Just follow the link to KICKSTARTER.com. (Oh, and thanks to the fokes at Kickstarter.com for approving our project. We are totally pumped!)
- Earrings Machu Picchu Inspired Waliq Abundance by ANenaJewelry (anenajewelry.wordpress.com)
- Earrings Machu Picchu Inspired I Am Blessed by ANenaJewelry (anenajewelry.wordpress.com)
- Earrings Machu Picchu Inspired Kachua Pretty in by ANenaJewelry (anenajewelry.wordpress.com)
- Day 111 – Turn Right at Machu Picchu (breakingtherubberband.wordpress.com)
- Machu Picchu and Much More (petersadventures.wordpress.com)
- Exploring Machu & Wayna Picchu – Machu Picchu, Peru (travelpod.com)
- Machu Picchu Inspired Thak Quechua For Peace Machu by ANenaJewelry (anenajewelry.wordpress.com)
- Machu Picchu – World Heritage Site (shamanism.wordpress.com)
- 2,000 stairs to Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu, Peru (travelpod.com)
- Traveling by Book – Turn Right at Machu Picchu (Peru) (daydreamtourist.com)